|New Individualist Manifesto|
A new Individualist awareness is arising among the civilizations of earth. As that enlightenment gradually consigns the spectre of oppressive Collectivism to the trash heap of history, undeniable, systemic benefits to human flourishing are increasingly evident. But a complete victory is still to be won against the entrenched forces of Collectivism. Ideological battles are now being fought as various beachheads of this political enlightenment are gaining momentum in societies. The United States of America is one such beachhead in this global war. The growing New Individualist Front is founded on the following principled derivation of a definition of Individualism.
(1) Existence exists. Reality is the essence of all that exists. An existent is an individual instance of existence. Identity is the reality of an individual existent. Action is identity persistent across time. Causality is identity persisting in and determining action. Life is a causal process of self-sustaining and self-generated action. Life on earth has undergone evolution culminating in conscious existents. Consciousness represents reality through the medium of sensation. A perception is a pattern of sensations persisting in consciousness. Cognition is perception-based animal consciousness. Truth is the recognition of reality. A quality is a cognitively selected part of an identity that is persistent across a quantity of existents. The mind is the agency of cognition in the human animal. Observation is volitionally selective human cognition. Reality exists independently of the mind's direct observation of reality or of itself. Concepts are the mind's principal unit of cognition. Essence is that quality, used in the formation of a concept, which is observed to cause the largest domain of other qualities of one or more existents. A concept is thus a mental integration--perceptually represented--of all existents evidencing an essence. Knowledge is truth as codifed in concepts. Language is that codifying technology. Reason is the essential faculty of the individual mind which is the principal means for using observation to discern and conceptualize the truth in new or existing knowledge. Validity is the essence of a knowledge system wherein truth is invariantly preserved using reason. Science is the qualitative or quantitative method of applying reason to existing knowledge or observed evidence to derive and grow shared, valid knowledge.
(2) Values are what living individuals act to gain and/or keep. Virtues are volitional human actions to gain and/or keep the values required by individual human life. Humans have a scientifically verifiable identity evidencing an essence which is volitional reason. The science of Ethics derives from that human essence the most fundamental human virtue which is universal across all humans: volitionally driving reason and effort to gain the values required for individual human life. From that principal virtue the science of Ethics derives a valid set of additional individual virtues which thereby projects and enables human flourishing. The most important of those derived virtues are: independence, integrity, honesty, justice, productiveness, and pride.
(3) A society is a group of interacting humans wherein the interactions are influenced by the dominant philosophy that either explicitly or implicitly characterizes its culture. In society, the individual human is the ultimate, indivisible social unit and the science of Ethics identifies rights as conditions of existence required for the proper survival of the virtuous individual (and thereby of a flourishing society). The most fundamental such right is the freedom of the individual to virtuously use reason to create, gain, or keep values.
(4) In accordance with valid Ethics and the rights of the sovereign individual, the science of Politics derives a valid system of codified law that is established in the society to define rules of conduct and boundaries for virtuous human social interaction.
(5) An enforcement of that valid political system of codified law is called the "rule by objective law" and is administered solely to secure individual rights against initiated violations originating internal or external to the society. A society is defined by its system of rule by law.
(6) Regardless of the dominant philosophy that typically characterizes the culture of a society, under the rule by law, the right to property is inviolate and includes the individual's ownership of life, liberty, body, and the products of the individual's virtuous labor. Thus, under the rule by law, the individual ultimately retains the right to the self protection of personal rights, especially if the administration of the rule by law fails at that protection.
(7) Proper nations are established to preserve and protect the society they each separately encapsulate in accordance with that society's rule by law as administered by a regime. The regime of a proper nation abides by the rule by law itself while enforcing it within its society. The individual's legal conduct of life within a proper nation requires (a) Acceptance and compliance with the enforced rule by law and (b) Compliance with The Principal Law--called the Non-Aggression Principal--which prohibits the initiation of force against others in violation of their rights. By mere presence within the proper nation, individuals delegate to it the right to enforce its rule by law over them, to establish requirements for legal entry, and to properly enforce its borders against illegal entry. Individuals of legal age can establish citizenship and legal residence within the nation by complying with requirements (a) and (b) and additionally pledging by explicit contract a demonstrated, knowledgeable acceptance of this Manifesto and a demonstrated, plausible potential to contribute to the well being of the nation's society. Only citizens have the right to vote and participate in the nation's political process. The regime of a nation is not the same as the society within and exists solely by the consent of the citizens in the society. The citizens comprising a nation's society have the right to cast off a regime that predominantly fails at administering and enforcing the rule by law. A rogue nation is dominated by a regime that initiates force to systematically violate the rule by law as defined in this Manifesto.
(8) Nations maintain full political sovereignty in the realm of other nations. At this point in human history, there is inadequate understanding and practice of the principles in this Manifesto to support an "open borders" coalescense of all societies into a one-world nation. The earth continues to be plagued by strains of extremely toxic philosophy yielding regimes in rogue nations which violate one or all of the principles in this Manifesto. Thus, rogue nations invariably aggress against their own citizens and outside their borders directly or by proxy against other nations. Proper nations have the right to protect their societies from any aggression by rogue nations. If wealthy and powerful enough, a proper nation has the right, but not the duty, to intervene on behalf of individual rights within a democidal rogue nation especially if citizens of the proper nation are under threat within the rogue nation.
(9) The interaction among virtuous, creative, and productive humans is not a zero-sum conflict. Win-win trade in the free market of Capitalism is the demonstrated engine of human flourishing in the society where it, along with the sanctity of property ownership, is guaranteed under the rule by law. The proper nation protects and encourages free trade of goods and services within its society as well as across national borders. But the proper nation has the right to enforce reciprocal tariffs against the tariffs imposed by other nations.
(10) The codified foundation for the rule by law as defined in this Manifesto includes the principles enumerated here and in the United States Bill Of Rights (wth special emphasis on the First, Second, Fourth, Ninth, and Tenth Amendments of the United States Constitution). Individualism is the political ideology that is newly derived and thereby defined in this Manifesto. Collectivism is the political ideology that rejects such an Individualism and subjects individuals to a systematic violation of their rights by subordinating those rights to a social collective as defined, administered, and enforced by a rogue nation. Collectivist regimes masquerade as rule by law while corrupting it into the pathology of rule by persons who, in violation of the rule by law, are vested in preserving their personal power within a rogue nation using coercion, suppression of free speech, and propaganda directed within and outside its borders.
From tribal thugs through monarchies through dictators, human history is a bloody record of supression of individual rights by rogue regimes. Collectivism, the most recent and most lethal of such systems, is anti-human in theory and in the actual practice of its many toxic variants, all of which have yielded immeasurable human suffering. Yielding deaths numbering over 100 million, Collectivism has proven to be the single most toxic thing that the human race has ever encountered. The war to purge Collectivism from the earth is still waging on both ideological and political fronts. This Manifesto calls for renovation of governance in the nations of earth especially in the United States of America, a faltering but still premier beachhead of Individualism. This Manifesto calls for the New Individualists of the world to form a united intellectual front against all forms of Collectivism. However modest your contribution, join the united front of this new movement. Join in the rejection of Postmodernist philosophy with its re-packaging of a hidden Collectivism. Join in the rejection of the political evil of Collectivism including all of its derivatives such as Socialism, "Democratic Socialism", Fascism, Theocratic Fascism, and Communism. Join in promoting the universal adoption of this Manifesto as a principled basis for advancing Individualism across all of humanity. With your help the benefits of freedom will continue to accrue for you and humanity.